|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||July 12, 2017|
|Location:||The Netherlands - Amsterdam|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
Genscape located in Amsterdam has a vacancy for an
Reports to: MD, European Power
Genscape, a DMGT company, is a leading global provider of energy information and analytical services for commodity and financial markets.
Utilizing patented technologies and proprietary algorithms, Genscape provides accurate & timely data on capacities, flow and utilization for all major energy commodities. The product offerings include real-time information services for power, natural gas and oil in North America and Europe as well as fundamentals-based analytical platforms and market intelligence services which market participants rely upon to better understand drivers, risks and dynamics of regional power and gas markets.
Genscape is committed to enhancing the market activities of our clients through access to superior fundamental data, market intelligence and analytical capabilities.
For additional information about our Company visit our careers page at www.genscape.com/careers.
Our teams of employees at Genscape are highly motivated, innovative, and passionate for providing excellent products and customer service. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment.
Due to strong international growth, Genscape is seeking a (Senior) Perl Developer to expand the EPSI Platform development team and tackle the challenges of scalability, speed and data management. Based in Amsterdam, you’ll apply and develop your deep skillset in Perl within a focused and entrepreneurial environment to keep the EPSI platform at the cutting edge.
The EPSI platform enables European electricity market participants (power traders, power station owners, consultants and regulators) to develop scenarios of short and long term market development based on supply/demand fundamentals. This B2B web-based platform has been developed using open-source components, based on Linux servers and with Perl as the dominant server-side technology and ES6 / React / Backbone as the front-end. Our product vision is centered around a superior user experience based on execution speed, interface usability, quality, and full integration between data and analytics. The EPSI platform was established in 2007 and has rapidly taken a leading market position in Europe.
The key objective of this role is to drive forward the technological foundation to enable the continued expansion of our platform business in Europe and internationally by expanding the capabilities of the Perl-based back end:
• Expansion of the analytical feature-set in accordance with business objectives
• The move to cloud and re-working platform architecture to take advantage of scalability and manage growth in user numbers
• Speed-optimisation of scenario execution and data storage to ensure market-leading performance
• Expanding and re-working the ingestion and processing of external data feeds to meet quality, flexibility, and speed criteria
• You have 5+ years’ experience in a Perl software development role
• You have a good mathematical background
• You have experience working with Modern Perl, Moo, XS, PSGI/Plack
• You have experience with database architecture and development, MySQL
• Development practices: Unit testing, Refactoring
• You have used version control tools: Git
• You have a familiarity with Agile development approach
• You have a master's degree in an exact science or engineering field
• You have Unix experience
Once you land this position, you’ll get to enjoy:
• A fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Being part of a team of highly intelligent and highly innovative individuals
• A company that offers a strong focus on work life balance
• An awesome office location with multiple perks
• Plenty of paid time off
• 401k and a full benefits package that begins on your first day
|Website for more information:||www.genscape.com|
Qualified candidates please apply!
Please leave your resume and motivation behind on our online application form: grnh.se:80/h68ri21?jid=2254
Want to research us more? Check us out! View more about us on Twitter (@GenscapeCareers), LinkedIn, Glassdoor, & Facebook!
Have more questions? Reach out to anyone on our recruitment team via our Genscape Careers Page – we would love to hear from you!
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
Keywords: Software Development, Software Developer, Developer, Perl Developer, Moo, XS, PSGI/Plack, MySQL