|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||June 2, 2021|
|Pay rate:||Competitive Pay / Possible Profit Sharing|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Independent contractor (hourly)|
Here at ClickMagick we're a small team building big things, and we're looking for another amazing Full Stack Perl Developer to join our team.
Our SaaS application is used by thousands of businesses to track, test and optimize their online marketing. And as part of the core development team you'll help us to build great new features, you'll help refactor old legacy code, and everything else in between.
Everything you do will be super important, you'll directly help improve the lives and businesses of our customers, and you'll have the opportunity to participate in the growth of the business as we take things to the next level.
If you're just looking for a job and a paycheck, this is not for you.
We're looking for someone who, once we both determine we're a great fit, is willing and excited about making a commitment to joining our team and riding the wave with us for at least the next few years.
This is a full-time remote position.
* Strong Perl skills, both legacy CGIs and more modern perl
* We use MySQL, so you should know how to write basic queries
THIS IS 98% A DEV POSITION, BUT YOU WILL ALSO BE PART OF OUR ON-CALL ROTATION AND MUST HAVE AT LEAST BASIC LINUX SYSADMIN EXPERIENCE.
We have a relatively flat LAMP stack running CentOS 7 that is VERY stable, and you'll rarely hear from PagerDuty, but you will be on call after hours every other week.
Candidates should be comfortable with troubleshooting and configuring:
* Linux (CentOS preferred. systemd services, logging, ssh, firewalls)
* Reverse proxies (nginx or HAProxy preferred)
* Web Servers (Apache httpd preferred)
* Cloud services (any of IBM Cloud, AWS, GCP, etc)
* Basic networking (subnets, host routing, NIC config, DNS)
* Web applications (flow from user to backend, DNS, HTTP Return codes, API usage, headers, PKI, CDN/caching)
* Databases (MySQL, MariaDB, or similar including simple replication)
The following are also nice to have:
* Infrastructure and Configuration as Code (Ansible preferred, Puppet, Chef, Cloudformation, Terraform acceptable)
* CICD Tools (any of Jenkins, CircleCI, Bamboo, Github Actions, etc)
* Familiarity with Nagios, Icinga, or Check_mk
* VPNs (OpenVPN or similar)
* SMTP (Postfix, exim, or similar. Outgoing only; no end user)
* Experience with physical servers (SMART, RAID, Out of band)
|Website for more information:||clickmagick.com|
To get in touch, please email email@example.com
Everyone on the team, including the founder, will be involved in reviewing your application. We'd love to know a bit about who you are, where you've worked, what sort of things you're interested in, and why you think you'd be a great fit for this position.
Resumes without a meaningful cover letter will not be considered.