|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
INFINITY ❤s PERL|
Need Perl developers or training?
Infinity Interactive can help!
|Posted:||February 3, 2017|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
MaxMind (www.maxmind.com) is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team. We help protect thousands of companies worldwide from fraud, screening over a billion online transactions each year, and we provide IP intelligence data to thousands more. This work requires us to tackle formidable challenges and we want your help!
THE POSITION OVERVIEW
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute to development projects both big and small, including but not limited to:
- Evolving, updating, and maintaining our extensive suite of client APIs and our tools for working with MaxMind databases
- Adding features to existing products, refactoring legacy code, fixing bugs, or developing entirely new services
- Being proficient and having experience in multiple languages, and suggesting good technical design decisions
- Writing tests and documentation, developing highly performant and optimized code, and communicating well with non-developers
The right candidate will have experience in both dynamic and static programming languages to help us develop and improve our products, and will be willing to bring new ideas to the table.
OUR DEVELOPMENT PRACTICES
Our backend code is largely written in Perl and Go using PostgreSQL and Linux, and we provide client APIs and database tools for .NET (C#), C, Java, Perl, PHP, and Python. The person in this role will also be responsible for a critical and highly performant solution written in C. We maintain high standards for our development practices including continuous integration, using TeamCity to run our full test suite for all changes. All work goes through internal code review on GitHub Enterprise.
We use free software as much as possible, and we release code back to the community when we can do so. We're trying to improve the way we do development, and we want you to participate in that process.
Our development team is largely comprised of telecommuters, so communication centers around Google Hangouts, group chat, and agile planning tools. We invite candidates to apply from any US state except NJ, NY, TX, and WA (for regulatory reasons) and from anywhere in Canada. Candidates open to relocating will be considered. Full-time telecommuting is permitted.
WORKING AT MAXMIND
MaxMind is a casual, friendly, results-focused company of nearly 40 employees, about half of whom are in technical positions. We maintain a set of core, overlapping hours, but we’re flexible with specific start and end times and are understanding about appointments and life events.
Compensation includes a competitive salary and participation in a company performance-based bonus plan. Software engineers get a $2k professional development budget and five days for professional development annually.
In addition to medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer several other benefits in the US, including a 401k with employer contribution, FSA, and transit reimbursement. Please inquire about benefits in Canada.
Our office is located near downtown Waltham, MA, outside of Boston, a five minute walk from the nearest commuter rail line and several express bus lines.
- Experience with static languages such as C#, Java, C, or Go
- An interest in picking up new languages
- Experience developing for deployment on a Linux or BSD platform
- Experience writing tests and documentation
- Experience doing code reviews
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- The ability to work with a geographically dispersed team
- Web development, especially RESTful web services
- Experience with building and improving code for high performance
- Experience with manual memory management
- FS/OSS contributions. Tell us about them!
|Website for more information:||www.maxmind.com|
Please apply here: jobs.lever.co/maxmind/c378f96c-aaad-4...
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Please include a link to your GitHub account or portfolio if you have one. We want to know about you!
MaxMind does not currently sponsor US employment visas.
For Canadian candidates, you must be eligible/authorized to work in Canada.
Note: We will consider candidates from any state except NJ, NY, TX, and WA (for regulatory reasons) and from anywhere in Canada. Candidates who are open to relocating will be considered.