|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
INFINITY ❤s PERL|
Need Perl developers or training?
Infinity Interactive can help!
|Posted:||August 25, 2015|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
Come and join a exciting and expanding team based in Singapore responsible for keeping one step ahead of the spammers, phishers and malware gangs we battle with around the clock at Symantec. Our team is responsible for supporting existing perl based applications and building out new innovative concepts that focus on improving the customer experience of our services.
You must either reside in Singapore or willing to relocate.
A suitable candidate will be involved in working in an agile engineering environment within a small team of other highly motivated engineers.
Your primary function will be involved in working on a number of new, exciting and pioneering Anti-spam, Anti-fraud and Anti-Malware systems that feed the wider Symantec products and service offerings. In addition, you will be involved in supporting existing mission-critical applications in a DevOps style environment.
• Demonstrate a strong grasp of security concepts to analyze various forms of email and web borne attacks and create solutions to thwart them
• Develop and deliver high quality, security related software on time and to specification
• Possess ability to quickly decipher legacy, non-structured code, and improve upon the same to deliver new features
• Write high spec code, build unit tests, identify and fix user experience issues, debug and address scalability issues
• Perform confident, strict code reviews, providing constructive feedback where necessary and be accepting to reciprocal reviews of your code
• Conduct confident product demos to internal stakeholders
• Work independently with minimal supervision and be able to adapt quickly based on senior direction and feedback
• Be acceptable to changes in organization and technology alterations
• Create innovative solutions through own research and out of the box thinking
• Strong knowledge of programming in Perl (or another dynamic languages like Python or Ruby, and the willingness to learn Perl)
• Passionate about test driven development
• Experience in developing HTTP Clients
• Proven experience in using and developing on Linux
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills and willingness to investigate complex, subtle problems
• Experience in developing/designing/integrating web services
• Knowledge of version control systems
• Understands fundamentals of XML, SOAP, REST, HTML
• Solid grasp of client-server architecture
• 3-5 years’ experience in full product lifecycle software design and implementation.
• Knowledge of SMTP and RFC2821/RFC2822
• Experience of SQL and NoSQL databases
• Able to communicate well in spoken and written English
• Experience practicing agile methodologies like Scrum & Kanban
• Knowledge of RPM, Yum and software packaging
• Previously worked on test automation or test tools
• Experience with working with Big Data technologies
• Knowledge of machine-learning
• Contributor to open source projects and provide examples of contributions
|Contact information:||Paul Thomas - paul_thomas [at] symantec.com|