|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||November 15, 2021|
|Company name:||All Around the World|
|Location:||Wherever you live|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Independent contractor (hourly)|
With companies re-emerging from the pandemic, we have several projects we need developers for. All work is remote.
* A large client needs strong Perl developers across multiple teams. The work is diverse. Some teams need developers to modernize legacy code while others are writing new code for microservices, routing, and security tools. It’s hard to say exactly what Perl skills are needed as the technologies vary from project to project, but working knowledge of DBI and Mason are often useful.
* This same client also needs front-end developers who are comfortable with HTML, CSS, React, and jQuery. Experience fixing cross-browser issues is important.
* Another client needs assistance in migrating away from an unmaintained legacy ORM. Having a strong database and testing background is essential. It’s classic legacy code, so having experience in gradually peeling away layers is important. This work will likely involve bootstrapping the project and giving them the tools necessary to continue the work. For the right candidate, they may want you to continue beyond that.
* Another needs developers with a strong Mojolicious background to take their platform to the next level.
* Yet another is doing interesting work with robotics and needs Vue.js and/or Typescript developers who are fluent in both HTML and CSS.
* Finally, we need backend developers for Tau Station (taustation.space/), our in-house project developing a browser-based narrative sci-fi MMORPG. If you’ve ever wanted to work in gaming, this is for you! The backend needs developers with strong modern Perl and DBIx::Class experience. Catalyst experience is also welcome, along with experience in building APIs.
We have two other projects coming on for next year. Requirements similar to the above, but at least one could use developers with a background in developing microservices. A good knowledge of DNS and the hosting interesting is very welcome.
Pay ranges vary per client budget, so please let us know your requirements so we can have an idea where to place you.
Candidates will need to pass a technical test with a code review followed by a structured interview.
Important! Most of the projects will be managed by us, All Around the World (allaroundtheworld.fr, AATW). We're not a recruiting company. We build teams and create a synergy where we support one another. We don’t just dump you on a client without support. You’re part of the us and when you need help, we’re there for you. We hold team meetings for specific projects to ensure that you get the help that you need—and required amount of smiles and friendship. We want you to be part of our family, not just another employee.
Varies per contract, but ...
Strong modern Perl is the main requirement. We understand that this can mean many different technologies, but that's the most important. Database experience is a plus. Moo/se is useful, along with Catalyst, DBIx::Class, Mason, etc. We have many stacks.
Front-end: Vue.js and Typescript.
Experience in writing tests is very important.
|Website for more information:||allaroundtheworld.fr|