|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||June 9, 2021|
|Company name:||Best Practical Solutions, LLC|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
We're looking for a software engineer to join our professional services team, helping RT users extend and enhance RT to meet their business needs.
RT has extensive interfaces to allow users to customize and add functionality, starting with configuration options and extending to writing custom code to add completely new features. Our professional services engineers work with RT customers to create new automation via scrips, configure custom workflows, and write new custom code in extensions to extend RT to meet their business needs. Often these extensions become part of RT in future releases.
This role involves working with customers to understand their needs and determining the best way to meet those needs with RT. This often involves writing code to create new features. It also includes building interfaces with other systems via APIs as integrations are a common need. As part of this role, you will also work directly with customers, via email and Zoom, to help flesh out requirements and determine how RT can help. If you like to know that the code you write actually helps someone, this is a great role for you, as we usually get direct feedback from users when we deliver projects.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 3+ years of practical experience
* Experience using APIs to interact with systems (REST, JSON, tokens, etc.)
* Can develop high-level customer requests into more detailed technical specifications
* Strong knowledge of git, version control concepts, automated testing
* Experience with ticketing systems, workflow, or related software products, even as an active and interested user
* We are a 100% remote company (we were before COVID and will remain so after), so you should be comfortable working with a remote team via tools like Slack, Zoom, and of course Request Tracker.
|Website for more information:||bestpractical.com|
To apply for this job, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Real people will read your cover letter. We'd love to know a bit about who you are, where you've worked, and what sorts of things you're interested in, rather than just that you've seen our job posting and are sure that you'd be an excellent match for the position. If you have a website or a blog you'd like to share with us, please send a link.