|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||March 19, 2021|
|Company name:||Best Practical Solutions, LLC|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
Best Practical is looking for a Linux systems administrator to help maintain and continue to build out our managed Request Tracker hosting service.
This role involves all aspects of managing and maintaining Linux servers including building out new servers, patching, applying updates, monitoring, and backup and recovery. Our cloud offering is built on AWS, so the position involves working with AWS services via the Amazon web console and command-line tools. We support standard configurations for typical RT deployments and some more complicated custom architectures for larger RT deployments. The role offers room for growth as we evaluate additional AWS service offerings as possible enhancements for hosted RT customers.
We also offer remote installation and upgrade services to customers for on-premise Request Tracker systems. These engagements involve upgrading older RT systems along with all supporting infrastructure including the Linux OS (multiple types), Apache, the installed database (MariaDB, MySQL, Postgresql, etc.), and email MTAs like Postfix.
We are a 100% remote company (we were before COVID and will remain so after), so you should be comfortable working with a remote team via tools like Slack, Zoom, and of course Request Tracker.
* 3-5+ years of experience administering Linux systems, specifically Debian.
* Production management and support of AWS EC2 servers and related services like Route 53, Cloudwatch, etc.
* Strong understanding of how the Internet works including web servers, email servers, certificates and SSL.
* Knowledge of secure web architectures, secure Linux server deployment, firewall management, and monitoring for security events.
* Experience building and maintaining server automation processes with Ansible.
* Some experience administering and using relational databases like MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, or Oracle. PostgreSQL specifically is a plus.
* RT is written in Perl, so we tend to lean Perl-ish for many other tools and utilities. You don't need to be a Perl expert, but it will help if you are familiar and comfortable with it.
* Strong knowledge of git, version control concepts, automated testing.
|Website for more information:||bestpractical.com|
To apply for this job, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Real people will read your cover letter. We'd love to know a bit about who you are, where you've worked, and what sorts of things you're interested in, rather than just that you've seen our job posting and are sure that you'd be an excellent match for the position. If you have a website or a blog you'd like to share with us, please send a link.