|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||March 12, 2021|
|Location:||Manchester City Centre, UK|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
SpareRoom was launched in 2004. Since then we've helped over 10 million people in the UK and US find homes to share and great people to share them with. We believe living with the right people beats living alone, so our mission is a simple one - to create happier flatshares.
We're a modern family business, 100% owned by the founder and directors. That means we're able to put our users at the heart of everything we do and we love working with humble people who bring a positive energy and like to get stuff done.
We are looking for a developer to join us to increase the delivery capacity of our core team. Our core platform is written mostly in Perl (with small projects in Node.js and C#) and supports both an API for apps (iOS and Android) and a web front end.
What you can expect to do as a Core Developer at SpareRoom:
- To work with modern Perl for our main web application and use other technologies, languages and tools like MySQL, Gearman, Memcached, Sphinx, Golang, Node.js, C#, GitHub and Jenkins.
- Help develop new features, make improvements and fix bugs in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Develop and extend RESTful APIs.
- To help maintain current mailshots and extend our in-house email tools to allow for self service email sending for our marketing team.
- Use MySQL to gather data and create custom, reusable reports for internal use.
How we like to work:
- Simple, easy to read code
- Small iterative releases
- Continuous testing environment
- Test Driven Development
- Collaboration over isolation
- Short lived, self-organised, project teams
- Pair coding in order to share & improve skills and code quality
You should apply if you:
- Have experience developing large scale object-oriented software projects.
- Have an interest in working across all areas of the system including performance and security.
- Have experience with Relational Databases (e.g. MySQL) and common web technologies.
- Have an interest in working with Perl (experience would be considered a significant plus but not a requirement as training will be provided).
- Enjoy collaborating with others to solve complex domain problems.
- Enjoy finding quick solutions to customer issues.
What it's like to work at SpareRoom:
- Competitive salary.
-Flexible, fun and challenging work environment where innovative ideas are encouraged
- Central Manchester location in modern spacious offices, with free fruit, a posh coffee machine and a housekeeper to keep you refreshed
- Active social life outside of work with various regular events supported by the company
- Choice of development equipment and opportunity to influence team culture and approach
Excellent benefits including:
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season travel loans
- Matched pension contributions
- Gym membership contributions
- Optional private healthcare
- Rental deposit loan scheme
-Basic holiday allowance starting at 23 days, as well as Bank and Public Holidays. Plus, you’ll earn more the longer you stay with us.
- And, of course, a free SpareRoom upgrade when you need it
|Website for more information:||www.spareroom.co.uk|
|Contact information:||Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit spareroom.co.uk/jobs for more information.|