|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||May 9, 2020|
|Company name:||Plus Three|
|Location:||Miami, Florida, United States|
|Pay rate:||Fixed Contract|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Independent contractor (project-based)|
|Description:||We are working on a migration from our data center to AWS. We are pretty far along in the process and need someone that can help finish up to the project. Potential for long-term engagement, new development, ongoing support.|
- General web related skills; Knowledge of how the http request/response processes work, back-end app development concepts, etc.
- Basic SQL knowledge (MySQL preferred); Basic query syntax, ability to interact with a DB programatically.
- You'll need to be flexible and adaptable and pick new things up relatively easily, and enjoy doing so!
- Basic understanding of OO principles, especially inheritance/subclassing, and abillity to write OO code.
- Proficiency working and developing in and for Linux (CentOS), and basic use of relevant tools (ssh, vim, source control with svn and/or git)
- Ability to set up a functional VM (virtualbox) running CentOS; you'll need it for your local development environment
- Self-discipline and motivation to work in a virtual office and get the job done. We don't micromanage, but results will be expected.
- You will be expected to be available (and online via IRC) during normal business hours (EST), even if your actual work is done at 2am.
- Perl fluency, particularly Class::DBI and/or DBIx:Class (bonus for migrating from the former to the latter), CGI::Application, HTML::Template, mod_perl/2 (migration from v1 to 2 another big plus)
- You habitually feel compelled to write useful little tools, shell scripts, things that automate tedius, error prone, or generally annoying tasks
- Reading/reverse engineering complex existing code
- Easy going with a sense of humor is a must!
|Website for more information:||plusthree.com|
Juan Proano and Deirdre Hannigan
Please no recruiters or job placement firms.