|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||October 10, 2019|
|Company name:||Best Practical Solutions|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
We are Best Practical Solutions, the people behind Request Tracker (RT), one of the most popular ticketing systems in the world. RT, and its companion application, Request Tracker for Incident Response (RTIR), are used by organizations large and small, across all industries including: private and public companies, security teams, academic institutions, government agencies, and non-profits. We've been around since 2001 and are entirely self-funded. We are both contributors to, and beneficiaries of, the free software ecosystem; you can find all of our code on GitHub.
We're looking for a senior software engineer to join our growing team and keep adding to and improving RT.
This role involves all aspects of software engineering: implementing new features, testing and reviewing branches created by co-workers and even community contributors, building customer sponsored features, documentation, and responsibly addressing security vulnerabilities. RT is a mature codebase that sits right in the middle of the technologies underlying the internet (web, email, databases, encryption, etc). As such, our work gives you a deep understanding of the guts of how the internet actually works.
For the senior software engineering role, we're specifically looking for someone who can help mentor the team and move projects to completion. Key to this are activities like code review, testing and guiding others in testing best practices, and reviewing completed work against specifications.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 5+ years of practical experience
* Experience working in a remote team
* Some Linux system administration, at least enough to be able to install RT
* Comfortable diagnosing & solving technical problems with customers over email for both projects & support
* Strong knowledge of git, version control concepts, automated testing
* Experience with ticketing systems, workflow, or related software products, even as an active and interested user
|Website for more information:||bestpractical.com|