|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||November 10, 2018|
|Company name:||Vector Solutions|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Independent contractor (hourly)|
Vector Solutions proudly serves a broad range of industries with award-winning online education, safety, compliance, and performance-optimization solutions. Across our three business units — commercial, education and public — we offer thousands of eLearning courses and innovative SaaS applications to meet the needs of individuals as well organizations of any size.
Vector Solutions Education is looking to hire a PERL Developer for our Cincinnati, Ohio office. This position is for a six month long contract and would require the individual to report into the Cincinnati office. The initial six month long contract could be extended for the right candidate.
- Work with senior leadership to translate strategic initiatives into formalized product features.
- Work with staff to translate technical requests into formalized product features.
- Work with staff to assist with bug identification, reproduction and resolution.
- Be a core member of the Vector Edu Perl web app development team.
- Work both independently and as a highly functional part of our core Ruby on Rails development team. Be savvy enough to know when to do which.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- Working knowledge of one or more JS frameworks (React, Ember, Angular, etc.)
Be proficient with Linux environments.
Be proficient with SQL databases.
Have experience writing web applications that are secure and scalable
Be adept with tools such as Github and Jira.
Be an expert at interacting with non-technical folks.
Have excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Be comfortable working collaboratively with distributed teams.
Thrive in a fast-paced, agile development environment where bloated technical specifications are replaced with rapid iterations and a heavy emphasis on fantastic communication skills.
Enjoy that attempting to pre-plan your day’s development is an exercise in futility.
Recognize there is no limit to the number of hats we wear here every day, and sometimes they won’t match your outfit
Have hands-on experience writing and consuming RESTful APIs.
Have experience with responsive front-end frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap.
|Website for more information:||www.vectorsolutions.com|