|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||July 16, 2018|
|Company name:||Akamai Technologies|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
About the Job
Akamai's Server Platform Engineering team is looking for a talented engineer to lead our Server Configuration team. Your team will be responsible for developing critical software components that form the foundation of Akamai’s globally-distributed platform.
Our software allows engineers across the company to customize nearly any aspect of core system configuration. Through our API environment, engineers can provide and consume a wealth of proprietary and open-source technologies. Using these capabilities, product groups across the company are able to rapidly build sophisticated, highly-integrated systems that operate at global scale with the level of security and reliability that Akamai customers expect.
In addition to successful leadership experience, the ideal candidate has a strong linux background and is highly motivated to design and develop innovative solutions using languages such as Python, Perl, and SQL. The right candidate will take pride in writing maintainable and highly reliable code. They will also understand the big system picture and be able to solve complicated problems within that system. The lead will work closely with other engineers at the company and should be able to conduct design and code reviews.
About the Team
Server Platform Engineering is a team of engineers who develop distributed systems that support Akamai's global network composed of over 240,000 servers, 1700 networks, and 130 countries. In general, these systems operate behind the scenes to provide the fault-tolerant and highly scalable core of Akamai's configuration and health monitoring systems. In this role, the lead engineer will work on Akamai's core configuration processing and service control systems that manage the configuration of Akamai's distributed network.
* Design and develop next-generation capabilities for installing and controlling Akamai services.
* Design and develop enhancements to existing install and service control interfaces.
* Oversee support activities. Provide architectural guidance to user community.
* Plan projects, oversee work, provide guidance, perform code reviews, and develop talent.
* Work to understand, document and improve complicated code bases.
* Work with our development QA and system QA teams to come up with regression tests that cover new changes to our software.
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or its equivalent or
* 6 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree in Computer Science or
* 3 years of relevant experience and a PhD in Computer Science
* 3+ years of experience as a hands-on technical leader
* 5+ years of experience with Perl, Python or C++ on Linux or a Unix based OS
* 5+ years of experience working with Linux OS and System Internals
* 5+ years of strong expertise with building scalable servers or distributed systems
* Masters or Ph.D in Computer Science or related field with a focus on distributed systems, system architecture, or security
* Solid understanding of internet protocol basics including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS
* Experience developing interfaces for broad internal consumption
* Experience developing server configuration and/or management systems
* Experience developing distributed systems
* Experience with databases and SQL
* Proven track record of delivering large amounts of high quality, complex code
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
|Website for more information:||akamaijobs.referrals.selectminds.com|