|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||January 22, 2018|
|Company name:||UK2 Group|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
A talented Perl programmer is needed for an ongoing project to improve and add new functionality to our primary backend system - a provisioning and billing engine. We have a clean, modern code base (a RESTful API powered by modern Perl, Dancer, Moose, DBIx::Class, robust Test::Class::Moose-powered test suite etc) and constantly have new projects including new products and features that we need to add.
We strive towards code reuse and sane coding standards, with peer code reviews and discussion encouraged. There is a dedicated QA team and separated dev, QA, and production environments. We collaborate over IRC, use GitHub for version control, and Redmine for project management in an agile environment.
In return we offer excellent remuneration, flexible working (including working from home a day a week), the chance to hang out in yet another Perl IRC channel, no admin work whatsoever and the opportunity to make a real difference.
UK2 Group is a large multinational web hosting company, offering a wide range of solutions across multiple brands. We were recently acquired by THG - The Hut Group, a fast-growing retail company with a wide range of brands, so this is an excellent time of growth for us.
* Strong Perl programming experience (including OO, debugging, test-driven development, use of the CPAN etc) in a commercial environment
* Experience with Moose and DBIx::Class
* 2-3 yrs experience working on Unix-based systems (systems administration or Perl development).
* Excellent knowledge of common Internet protocols (e.g. HTTP, SMTP, DNS, Whois)
* A love of things Perl
* Experience with the Dancer framework
* Solid SQL (particularly MySQL)
* Experience with Perl testing tools, particularly Test::Class::Moose
* Experience in the domain registration / web hosting market
* Linux/Unix system administration experience (don't worry, we won't make you do much sysad work, we have sysads for that, but it’s good to be able to speak their language)
|Contact information:||Please send applications to David Precious, Development Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org|