|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||January 22, 2018|
|Company name:||UK2 Group|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
Have experience with programming in other languages, and want to learn Perl? We’re looking for a keen junior developer to join our team. Full mentoring will be given - one of our senior developers has a background in teaching programming courses, so you will have a lot of support.
You would be working on our group-wide backend system - a provisioning and billing engine. We have a clean, modern code base (a RESTful API powered by modern Perl, Dancer, Moose, DBIx::Class, robust Test::Class::Moose-powered test suite etc) and constantly have new projects including new products and features that we need to add.
We strive towards code reuse and sane coding standards, with peer code reviews and discussion encouraged. There is a dedicated QA team and separated dev, QA, and production environments. We collaborate over IRC, use GitHub for version control, and Redmine for project management in an agile environment.
In return we offer excellent remuneration, flexible working (including working from home a day a week), the chance to hang out in yet another Perl IRC channel, no admin work whatsoever, and the opportunity to make a real difference. One day a week remote working may be available once settled.
UK2 Group is a large multinational web hosting company, offering a wide range of solutions across multiple brands. We were recently acquired by THG - The Hut Group, a fast-growing
* Some programming experience, ideally in a commercial environment
* Experience working on Linux/Unix-based systems
* Some knowledge of common Internet protocols (e.g. HTTP, SMTP, DNS, Whois)
* An appetite to learn
* Some experience in Perl
* Experience building web-facing API solutions
* SQL (particularly MySQL)
* Experience in the domain registration / web hosting market
* Linux/Unix system administration experience (don't worry, we won't * make you do much sysad work, we have sysads for that, but it helps to be able to speak their language)
|Contact information:||Please send applications to David Precious, Development Manager - email@example.com|