|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||December 7, 2017|
|Location:||Oxford, United Kingdom|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
We're looking for a bright, enthusiastic, experienced Perl developer to join our Oxford-based team to assist with the ongoing development of our SaaS email marketing platform.
Here's a bit of information about our codebase and how we work:
We use Catalyst as the framework for our main application server, and we have another (very high volume and much more specialised) webserver running the Plack-based Starman. Almost everything passes through one of those two systems. Our ORM layer uses DBIx::Class, and pretty much everything else is a Moose class.
We did a ground-up rewrite of our application layer a few years back, so we don't have tons of ancient code in dark corners. We prioritise code quality and maintainability over releasing features quickly, so it's generally a pleasant codebase to work on.
We're constantly looking for ways to improve what we do, so we're pushing heavily to improve our processes by employing things like Modern Perl techniques, test-driven development and agile project management processes where we can. We're a fairly small team willing to make changes where necessary to make the best product we can.
Day to day work can include anything and everything from database schema design and optimisation, high-throughput scaling work, simple things like small bugfixes and enhancements, to almost anything else related to our platform. One of the biggest benefits of working in a small team is you'll have the opportunity to try out new things and make a real difference to our platform.
You will receive a competitive salary with the opportunity to be part of the Company’s bonus scheme, as well as:
• Gold membership to over 200 discounts and perks through our online benefit portal including free mobile phone insurance, money off holidays and discounted cinema tickets
• 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays and an extra day off for your birthday!
• Free on-site parking at our central Oxford office, just ten minutes’ walk from town
• Company pension scheme
• Various travel schemes such as cycle to work
• Childcare vouchers
• Eye care vouchers
• Private health insurance
• Group life assurance
• Working in a BS EN ISO 27001, 9001:2000 and Investors in People Silver accredited company, superb training and development opportunities are offered as the business continues to grow
Successful candidates would ideally be experienced Perl programmers, although we're willing to consider someone with experience with a similar language and a willingness to learn Perl. We would expect at least some experience with creating web-based applications.
• Databases, particularly PostgreSQL and NoSQL systems like Redis
• Web-based application development
• API design
Here are some of the technologies we use heavily, experience with any of these would be very beneficial:
• SQL and PL/PGSQL
• UI/UX design
|Website for more information:||www.adestra.com|