|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||November 29, 2017|
|Company name:||ADNET Systems, Inc.|
|Location:||Greenbelt, MD, United States|
|Pay rate:||$60,000 (usd)|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
We are seeking a programmer to support the development and maintenance of the Virtual Solar Observatory (VSO) at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. The VSO provides search and retrieval access for space- and ground-based observations of the Sun using Web-based and command-line clients communicating with distributed remote data provider servers. The VSO architecture comprises several technologies including: Web services using SOAP/XML; database systems built using Perl/MySQL; and specialized clients written in Interactive Data Language (IDL) and Python. The duties of this position include:
• Support the maintenance and development of Perl components of the VSO architecture.
• Improve the overall performance of the VSO software and associated databases.
• Work with a distributed team of programmers, via biweekly telecons, and secure chat.
We are seeking a candidate with excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work independently and within a team, and the motivation to solve problems and master new techniques. The candidate is expected to learn and understand the functionality of custom-built Perl modules. This position is ideal for a recent graduate who is interested in starting an IT career in a dynamic and challenging environment such as at NASA.
• Minimum 2 years programming in Perl (undergraduate course
work, or equivalent work experience)
• Minimum 1 year experience using Linux and/or Mac OS
• Modular code development techniques
• Web components (e.g. HTTP protocols, web services)
• SQL or similar database query languages
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence required.