|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||November 2, 2017|
|Company name:||Yoox Net-A-Porter|
|Pay rate:||50-60k gbp|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Developer to join us.
Joining an Agile team, this is an opportunity to establish a close relationship with our product owners and users and make a real difference in a fast-paced online retail environment. We deliver value to our business every release, meaning that you will immediately be able to contribute and make a positive impact.
Our approach to technology is to use the right tool for the job and, through TDD and CI/CD, to build high quality solutions that are built with a view to maintenance.
To build on our success, we are looking for smart, conscientious software developers who want to work in a friendly, hard-working environment and take our platform and products forward. In return you will be exposed to the latest technologies, frameworks & methodologies in application development.
* Build high quality applications and HTTP based services
* Work closely with both technical and non-technical members in the team
* Develop a good understanding of business requirements and write technical specifications
* Ensure that work is well-planned, estimated, implemented, tested, and documented
* Identify and help plan improvements to systems
* Participate in code review and mentoring processes
* Keep up with industry trends and experiment with new tools, technologies & development methods with a view to adopting best practices that fit the business
* Monitor and support production systems
Note that this is role is based in London, UK. You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role. If you require a visa to work in the UK you will need to have this before you apply.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Server-side development in Perl
* SQL/RDBMS (we use PostgreSQL and MySQL)
* Version control systems (we use git)
* Able to investigate & trouble-shoot technical issues
* Able to rapidly and effectively context-switch
* Linux OS familiarity
Desirable Skills & Experience:
Experience of any of the following will be useful but training will be provided to the right candidate.
* Able to develop web-based user interfaces (HTML, CSS) & APIs (JSON & XML)
* Knowledge of CPAN modules and frameworks, particularly: DBI, DBIx::Class, Catalyst, Plack, Template Toolkit and Moose
* Knowledge of NPM libaries and frameworks, including test frameworks
* Search Technology (we use Elasticsearch)
* RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon SQS
* Puppet or similar configuration management solutions
* Experience building and testing high-availability applications
* Agile development methodologies and practises (Scrum, Kanban, TDD)
* Implementing continuous delivery (ideally using Jenkins and OpenStack)
We are looking for candidates that:
* Are passionate about software development
* Are good communicators with good writing skills
* Have a healthy dose of common sense and initiative
* Have a great sense of humour and attitude
|Website for more information:||www.ynap.com|
For further information please contact Lorraine.Callinan@ynap.com or email@example.com
Linkedin: YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP