|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||November 2, 2017|
|Location:||Newcastle, NSW or Sydney, NSW|
|Pay rate:||$100K AUD base salary (negotiable)|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
Are you passionate about great customer experience? Love building software that people really use? Do you like to get stuff done? YesBookit is the leading holiday rentals booking management system in Australia and we are looking for a passionate Perl programmer to join our ambitious team.
You will take part in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and help develop software that businesses rely on to be successful.
YesBookit is part of the HomeAway family, this provides an opportunity to integrate and learn from industry leading teams around the world; whether it be Web Security or AI. The HomeAway Australia family also consists of our siblings at Stayz.com.au who operate from a first-class office in Sydney. We regularly work (and play!) with the team in Sydney, this provides another avenue for learning between peers.
What we are looking for:
- A programmer at heart and that is passionate about solving problems for the user.
- You should have a real passion for code quality, employing the best practises while still being able to get things done in a timely way.
- You are able to express yourself and participate in a team environment.
- Ideally, you will be a creative thinker who can find simple solutions to interesting problems
You’ll become a part of our small but dedicated dynamic, stable and growing development team working alongside other Perl developers, Front End developers, QA engineers and Product Managers in a focused agile team.
Though primarily Perl there will be ample opportunity to introduce new technologies to the ecosystem and to contribute to HomeAway on a global scale; ultimately opening the door to other roles within the company.
- Maintain and develop new and existing Perl web services
- Work closely with business, QA, product and marketing functions to develop technical solutions
- Ensure consistent, clean coding and adherence to relevant coding standards
- Competitive salary with targeted annual bonus
- Relaxed office with water views of Newcastle's foreshore in the Honeysuckle district with free snacks and drinks
- Personal development and learning development program
- Opportunity to work up to two weeks in many HomeAway offices worldwide (Austin, Paris, London ...)
- Relaxed atmosphere where creativity is encouraged and you are allowed to be yourself
- Formal software engineering education or equivalent experience (coding and design)
- 2 years of experience developing Perl for web applications
- Experience in developing OO (Object-oriented) Perl applications
- Some experience working with front-end technologies
- Experience with modern Perl technologies such as PSGI, Mojolicious, Dancer, DBIx::Class etc…
- Database driven (MySQL) application development
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Route53)
- Development of and against REST APIs
- Experience with Docker and Container orchestration
- Java experience