|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||July 21, 2017|
|Location:||London, SW6 (not remotely)|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
We’re looking for a Perl developer to help us make job search better. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be a part of the ongoing development and rapid growth of the Adzuna job search engine in one of the UK’s most dynamic and fastest-growing startups.
Our infrastructure is built around industry-standard open-source tools and runs on distributed clusters. You will be a key member of a small, experienced team that oversees all aspects of our operations, ranging from powering our international websites, aggregating classifieds from thousands of external sources, to crunching job market data to power our statistics and applying machine learning algorithms to enhance job seekers’ experience.
At Adzuna you will work independently in a fast-moving, low-structure environment where you will have the opportunity to help shape our technical direction and processes as we grow. An appreciation of the ‘DevOps’ movement is essential as we manage and monitor the systems ourselves. You will also need to understand the importance of building structured code that is fast, scalable, reliable and robust.
The projects you will work on will include new search features, relevancy and matching algorithms, APIs and ‘big data’ analysis, reporting tools and features to enhance the job search experience on Adzuna. Our systems have been built to scale, and you will be able to demonstrate your experience in writing scalable code running in distributed environments.
We offer a fun and supportive working environment, with an emphasis on team-working, mentoring and training. Adzuna is an exciting high-growth business where you can make a huge difference, with a market competitive package including stock options.
In this role you will:
- Partner with other developers and data scientists to improve existing systems and develop new functionality and tools
- Analyse business and technical requirement and develop solutions, taking into account variable aspects, such as performance, scalability, ease of maintenance and cost.
- Help refactor existing processes and workflows to improve efficiency
- Participate in R&D of new technology trends and tools
- Assist and mentor members of our development team
Adzuna is a search engine for job ads used by over 10 million visitors per month that aims to list every job, everywhere. We search thousands of websites so our users don’t have to, bringing together millions of ads in one place. By providing smarter search options and powerful data about the job market, as well as unique tools like ValueMyCV, we give jobseekers the information they need to take control of their careers.
Adzuna’s data also powers the Number 10 Dashboard, used by the Prime Minister and senior officials to keep track of economic growth on a daily basis.
Adzuna launched in the UK in July 2011 and now operates in 16 countries. We have a great, international team, top class investors, recently won an award for best crowdfunding round of the year, and have been recognised as one of the government’s Future Fifty and Sunday Times Tech Track 100 fastest-growing tech companies in Britain.
Adzuna’s mission is to be the best place to start looking for a job. We love using the awesome power of technology to help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- An opportunity to be part of a high-growth startup business with a friendly, informal, no-politics, low-hierarchy, multicultural team culture
- The chance to work with and learn from a highly motivated team of experienced internet professionals who want to make job search better
- Startup benefits like a positive attitude towards flexible working and families, your birthday off, cycle-to-work scheme, childcare vouchers, regular team training sessions - plus a table tennis table and a programme of team social events
- Bright, airy office in the heart of bustling Fulham Broadway
- 4+ years with high-volume/high-traffic applications/sites
- Excellent Object-Oriented Perl, preferably including Moose
- Strong SQL (ideally MySQL) and DBIx::Class
- Experience with unit and functional testing (Test::More etc.)
- Good experience with Unix/Linux
- Version control systems, ideally Git
- Solid understanding of application data flow and lifecycles
- Strong attention to detail
Useful extra skills / experience
- Solr, Lucene, ElasticSearch or other search engine
- Templating frameworks (ideally Template Toolkit)
- Classified ads / vertical search websites
- Varnish, nginx, PSGI/Plack, Apache httpd, FastCGI
- Spidering technology
- Search technology and search engine optimisation
- Cloud infrastructure and tools (AWS preferred)
- Chef (pref), Puppet or an equivalent
- Gearman or other distributed queueing/messaging frameworks
- Unicode and internationalisation
- Machine learning / neural nets
|Website for more information:||www.adzuna.co.uk|
|Contact information:||To apply, please send your CV and covering email to: email@example.com|