|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
INFINITY ❤s PERL|
Need Perl developers or training?
Infinity Interactive can help!
Los Angeles, CA
Perl Developer/Architect/Leader Wanted
Cyberjaya, beautiful Malaysia!
Experienced and talented Perl Developers
Team Lead - Software Development
|Posted:||May 25, 2015|
|Location:||Fairfax, VA, United States|
|Pay rate:||Commensurate with experience|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
We are a team of highly collaborative people, that are fully invested in the work we do and in our company. We care deeply about the quality of our work and the environment we do it in. We value both learning and teaching, as we explore new technologies to expand our custom applications. We are happy to teach Perl to someone who has intermediate to expert level experience in another scripting language.
You are someone who enjoys a team environment filled with intentional collaboration. You enjoy the challenge of diving into legacy code to adapt and extend, bending it to your will. You are excited about teaching and mentoring your more junior teammates. You are willing and eager to learn.
Desired work authorization: US Citizen, permanent residents.
This is a full time position in our Fairfax, VA office. While we offer flexible scheduling options we have found that there is no substitute for face to face communication
Main job responsibilities:
* Develop web & command line applications, as well as various third party integrations that are designed with scalability and secure coding (OWASP) practices in mind.
* Working with Business Owners in various departments, in conjunction with the Scrum Product Owner, to deliver high value products using an iterative approach.
* Develop tests, predict areas of risk, and coordinate with our QA staff to deliver solid, dependable code.
* 6+ years professional programming experience with Perl 5 or similar scripting language (Ruby, Python, PHP)
* 4+ years professional experience working with relational databases (SQL).
* General experience with MVC patterns, ORMs, and Web Services (client/servers).
* Ability to comply with mandatory fun.
* Willingness to train and mentor junior developers.
* Linux or UNIX command-line experience.
* Ability to break down business needs into small, well-defined, actionable projects.
* Skilled in juggling multiple, shifting priorities during our busy ecommerce season, when we shift from Scrum to Kanban.
* Excellent English-language communication skills both written and oral.
* Experience with judging, but not participation in, the Obfuscated Perl Contest.
* Intermediate/Expert level experience with at least 1 language other than Perl.
* Experience with Agile software development practices (e.g. Scrum, Lean/Kanban)
* Experience with RabbitMQ or other message queueing systems.
* Experience with Modern Perl, Perl Best Practices and PerlCritic.
* Experience with Perl Template Toolkit.
* HTML and CSS skills to create templates for web.
* Experience developing automated functional and performance testing suites.
* E-commerce experience.
* Published and/or contributed to CPAN, GitHub, Google Code, or similar repositories.
|Website for more information:||www.thinkgeek.com|
Join a close-knit community of curious, passionate, enthusiastic people, obsessed with creating and sharing the most unique and fun product experiences with the world. ThinkGeek offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees:
* Comprehensive benefits plans
* Generous Paid Time Off Policy
* 401(k) Plan with Company Match
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Gym Membership Subsidy
* Dog-friendly Office
* ThinkGeek Employee Discount
Since 1999, ThinkGeek has been creating a world where everyone can express and celebrate their inner geek, turn their interests into passions, and connect with one another. We are obsessed with creating and sharing unique and authentic experiences that stimulate our fans’ imaginations and fuel their geek core. We believe there is geek in everyone and invite you to… Join in. Geek out.
Please apply online, at our website.
Hiring Manager: Jennifer Pinkham, Director of Engineering & Software Development, ThinkGeek Inc
ThinkGeek/Geeknet is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.