|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||August 14, 2014|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
Come and join a new, exciting and expanding team based in Singapore responsible for keeping one step ahead of the spammers, phishers and malware gangs we battle with around the clock at Symantec. Our team is responsible for supporting existing perl based applications and building out new innovative concepts that focus on improving the customer experience of our services.
We're looking for 2x software engineers to deliver some exciting projects we're working on. You must either reside in Singapore or willing to relocate.
- Supporting the Effectiveness team to achieve our aggressive SLAs
- Writing new detection systems and tools from the ground up using perl
- Exploiting big datasets available to us to harness new detection intelligence
- Working closely with the Operations team in order to have a view from the "front-line"
- Investigating and fixing defects reported from the live systems
- Be an active member of the wider security community discussing latest techniques and ways to combat them
• Strong knowledge of programming in Perl (or another dynamic languages like Python or Ruby, and the willingness to learn Perl)
• Passionate about test driven development
• Experience in developing HTTP Clients
• Proven experience in using and developing on Linux
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills and willingness to investigate complex, subtle problems
• Experience in developing/designing/integrating web services
• Understands fundamentals of XML, SOAP, REST, HTML
• Solid grasp of client-server architecture
• Knowledge of SMTP and RFC2821/RFC2822
• Experience of SQL and NoSQL databases
• Able to communicate well in spoken and written English.
• Experience practicing agile methodologies like Scrum
• Knowledge of RPM, Yum and software packaging
• Previously worked on test automation or test tools
• Experience with working with Big Data technologies
• Knowledge of machine-learning
• Contributor to open source projects and provide examples of contributions
|Website for more information:||sjobs.brassring.com|
|Contact information:||Paul Thomas - paul_thomas [at] symantec.com|