|Home | Search | Employers | About | Login | Help||Syndicate this!|
|Posted:||September 8, 2014|
|Location:||San Francisco, CA, Vancouver, BC or remote|
|Poster represents:||an employer|
|Terms of employment:||Salaried employee|
Chargesmart.com is a rapidly expanding bill payment website with an established user base and thousands of payments processed daily. We launched a completely redesigned and modernized frontend/backend last year, and we’re seeking an experienced full stack web engineer to support and expand the site post-launch. Our mission is to make the bill payment experience as frictionless as possible, and to that end we value people that are fanatical about end-user experience.
Chargesmart.com provides an easy to use bill payment platform with over 3000 of the nation’s most popular billers. We market direct to consumers through our chargesmart.com website, and we also provide a white-label platform that partners can use to integrate bill payments into their applications.
Chargesmart is headquartered in San Francisco, CA in the SoMa district with easy access to BART. As part of Tio Networks, we also have an office in Vancouver, BC. Local San Francisco applicants are preferred, but we will also consider remote applicants with demonstrable telecommuting experience.
We’re a small team and you’ll have a chance to work on a bit of everything. Our backend is a perl Dancer app that interacts with the frontend via our RESTful API. The frontend is almost entirely implemented with backbone.js and bootstrap. Behind all of that, we have integrations to various payment processors to settle and remit funds (all perl).
Our ideal candidate has:
• Strong JS skills and has built web apps using backbone.js or another JS framework.
• modern OO perl experience (or experience with another modern scripting language like ruby or python and is willing to learn)
• Has worked with dancer or another mvc framework (rails, flask, etc)
• Used bootstrap and can explain why responsive design is important.
• Solid MySQL experience, plus familiarity with postgres.
It’d be great if you also have:
• Experience in the payments industry
• Sysadmin experience. We manage our own infrastructure, and familiarity with nginx, spacewalk, memcached, basic networking principles, backups, etc are always helpful to have.
• An interest or experience with risk analytics. We’re constantly improving our risk algorithms to reduce fraudulent transactions.
|Website for more information:||www.chargesmart.com|
|Contact information:||Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.|